The Last Huraah! [Final Text RP] [Sector Wars Era]

Re: The Last Huraah! [Final Text RP] [Sector Wars Era]

Postby MartinJ » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:33 am

Dekk stands up, now furious herself at the lack of self-reflecting by Prax when confronted by what is, of course, Dekk's own variation of the truth - but the one that rings true to her.

"Look at the Grand Master Chancellor Jedi Prax'! Drunk as a Zunk from Correllia! How the almighty have fallen - truly not even such great "heroes" can withstand the thought of impending doom. Or, of course, do anything about it. Prax', why don't you go and negotiate a conditional surrender of the Republic, exchanging your arrest and the disbanding of the Jedi for the lives of civilians and soldiers that you will be sending into an impossible battle?!"
MartinJ
Knight
Knight

Postby Cydon Prax » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:46 pm

"She did," Bose muttered, stopping and turning around.

"That's exactly what she did. And they killed her. They murdered her right in front of me." He began as the Midi-X in his drink ran dry. The High Chancellor paused, as if a million memories flooded to him and he saw horrible tragedies right before him in that cantina. He stepped over some vomit and past a drunk onlooker to get closer to Dekk. For the first time in public history, Pra'x wasn't just visibly angry, he was absolutely livid. The alcohol didn't help.

"How can someone with your past ever suggest a surrender? You of all people know what will happen when the great Bose Pra'x and his army of 700,000 surrenders to Mandalore and Juliet. They burn us alive then take the schutta like you out back to be raped by the thousands, and you know that." Bose finished. He grabbed his face mask from the table and promptly replaced it... but even as he did, his eyes never left Faye Dekk.

"Of course you know that, you lost your best friend that way. It was a Vile tragedy, wasn't it?"
Cydon Prax
JKA Administrator
JKA Administrator

Postby MartinJ » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:57 pm

Dekk smirked, clearly pleased to have gotten an explosive reaction from Prax', almost as if she reveled in the fact that she made a Jedi Grand Master angry.

"Don't presume to know me, Master Jedi. And truly, you for once need to actually think about what is going to happen if you, finally, set your selfish needs aside and do what is best for the Galaxy. Neither the Mandalorians nor the Sith of the new age are interested in slavery, they want to feel powerful, they want to dominate. Give them what they want without a fight: they will be as clueless, all of a sudden, as you have been all your life."

The steely silver, mechanically augmented eyes glared at Prax', right into his black, seemingly empty Kel Dor eyes. Dekk put on her sunglasses.

"But that would require a sense of duty from you, duty for the citizens who elected you. Self-reflection and actual perception of the state the Galaxy is in. You have a unique choice here: sacrifice yourself and give the people who are not responsible for this fight a chance to survive, or go down fighting and be obliterated along with the rest of the planet. Either way, you will die here. But strip yourself from your pride for once, stop being a coward, and perhaps you're giving people who never wanted to meddle in the affairs of senile, superstitious old men. For once in your life Prax', do the god-damn right thing."
MartinJ
Knight
Knight

Postby Cydon Prax » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:18 pm

Bose narrowed his eyes as Dekks speech came to an end. She was still hard to hear over the loud, thunderous rave music and the flashing lights and lasers made it hard for him to lip read, especially with Midi-X hampering his ability to just read her emotions.

He also didn't care about advice.

"Don't patronize me," He began over the loud music.

"Every man and woman in the Order would happily die for the worthy cause of preventing the radical rule of Juliet and Mandalore. Serex Locke leads the Empire, and the IK's and 501st would happily die following him into battle. You honestly don't think Locke and the Empire are here to die for my benefit, do you? They follow Serex, not I." He added. He then walked around the table to get close to Dekk. He got so close, in fact, Drakkus stood with a hand firmly gripping his shadow assassin blade. Bose pretended not to fear Drakkus, but the Kel'dor knew his lightsaber was of no use. Like in the confrontation against Lips, Bose was powerless the instant he gave into his emotions or hatred - and he was exceptionally full of hate right now.

With Will between the two, Bose made his final point arrogantly clear with eyes full of fire.

"I promise you, when Mandalore comes, I will slit his throat and litter his remains across the dunes like fertilizer. You will watch from your safe haven as I kill a hundred of them for every civilian they've firebombed. And when they've lost and their families beg for mercy, I'll smile as my Super Star Destroyers turn their homes into shattered glass and ash." The Jedi Master promised. Unlike his previous rants, he was eerily calm. Determined. Sure?
Cydon Prax
JKA Administrator
JKA Administrator

Postby MartinJ » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:28 pm

"Slit his throat. Will you now?"

Dekk whispered unusually pleased with herself as her right hand was thrust towards Bose's lower belly. It was concealing a dirk dagger. She knew precisely where the stomach of a Kel Dor is, and her aim was to perforate it and let the contents spill into Bose's abdomen, to kill him slowly and painfully. But she doesn't. She merely presses the dagger against him, the tip of it very lightly pushing through Bose's robe, just for him to feel the sharpness of it.

With her free hand, Dekk took a hold of Bose's shoulder.

"I would kill you right now, deliver you to them and have the people finally realize they are better off without you and your karking Order. Sith, Jedi, Imperials - none of you are any good for this Galaxy, and you prove this over and over again when you put your own needs, goals and outdated philosophies above the simple needs of an ordinary being. You have so much power at your fingertips - and what do you do with it? You use it fight internally or with your like-minded counterparts in other orders, forever in circles, wasting this great gift that has been given.

Oh and trust me. With the two drinks you've just had, you will not be fighting for at least two weeks - not using the Force, anyway. And after all, that is all you have."
MartinJ
Knight
Knight

Previous

Return to Text Roleplaying